WHO WE ARE
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an action-oriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA's primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA's global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM), and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
MMA members include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, carriers and operators, retailers, software providers and service providers, as well as any company focused on the potential of marketing via mobile devices.
The Mobile Marketing Association's global headquarters are located in the United States. Welcome to our Global website.
As the primary source for mobile marketing information and expertise, the MMA is dedicated to:
- Providing an industry forum to meet, discuss, plan and work cooperatively to resolve key industry issues
- Bringing together industry-wide, global and regional work groups that focus on industry initiatives
- Providing representation for the mobile marketing industry to major legislative bodies worldwide
- Sharing perspectives on mobile marketing between Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the U.S.
- Fueling peer-to-peer interaction through seminars, conferences and events
- Developing metrics for measuring ad delivery and consumer response
- Developing open and compatible mobile marketing technical and creative standards
- Defining and publishing mobile marketing best practices and guidelines on privacy, ad delivery, and ad measurement
- Providing the value and effectiveness of mobile marketing to advertisers, agencies and consumers
- Serving as the key advocate on behalf of the mobile marketing industry
The association was founded in 2000 as the Wireless Advertising Association (WAA), a New York-based non-profit trade association. In 2003, the WAA and the European-based Wireless Marketing Association (WMA) joined to form Mobile Marketing Association in the United Kingdom and France. The MMA has grown significantly since 2000. Today, the MMA has a global presence, with an established operations in North America, LATAM, EMEA and APAC.